Henderson House

Henderson House

915 N. Alleghaney • Odessa, Texas 79761

The Henderson House was built in 1916 at Grant and Pearl Streets by pioneer drug store owner and postmaster W.T. Henderson, Sr. (1886-1960) and his wife, Burmah Adele Lambert (1887- 1964). In 1925 the house was moved to 915 North Alleghaney in the first neighborhood developed north of the original Odessa town site. Built of salvaged lumber, the two bedroom frame house exemplifies American Bungalow style:

Until 1992 four generations of the Henderson family resided here at different times, including W.T., Jr. and his wife Dorothy Louise Hines.

Restoration in progress.
Not open to the public at this time.

 


Maintained and Provided by Texas Bob Media Services 
Heritage of Odessa Foundation - Copyright  © 2009 - All Rights reserved
contact: Heritage of Odessa Foundation - Copyright  © 2009 -